From Jane Patisseries Recipe Book by Jane Dunn
• 300 g Digestives
• 150 g Unsalted Butter (melted)
Lemon Posset Filling
• 600 ml Double Cream
• 200 g Caster Sugar
• Zest of 3 Lemons
• 75 ml Lemon Juice (about 2 lemons)
• 150 ml Double Cream
• 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
• Biscuit Crumbs
• Blitz the Digestives in a food processor and add the melted Unsalted Butter, pulse together until combined.
• Spread onto the bottom and sides of an 23cm Tart Tin. I usually start on the sides, and then cover the bottom last!
• Pour the Double cream and Caster Sugar into a large pan and heat on the hob gently, stir till the sugar has dissolved.
• Turn the heat up (medium heat max!) and heat the mixture till it starts to boil gently, stir frequently to stop the mixture from catching on the bottom – let it boil for 1 minute and then turn off the heat.
• Stir in the Lemon Zest and Fuice and pour onto the biscuit base – refrigerate for 4+ hours, or preferably overnight so it has time to set properly!
• Once set, decorate how you please – I mix 150ml Double Cream with 2 tbsps Icing Sugar and pipe on, and then use some Freeze Dried Raspberries, and some Biscuit Crumbs!
• This is obviously a giant Posset so it takes longer to set then Posset’s in individual glasses so be patient with the setting!
• If you want to try a different Citrus flavour then go ahead! Just make sure you stick to the same amount of Zest and Juice so that it will still set!
• This will last in the fridge, covered, for 3 days
Leave a Reply